Know Before You Go
What to Expect When You Visit
All visitors must have a date-specific ticket. Every guest. Every day.Learn more
Masks are required for your visit.Learn more
Vaccination required for all guests 5+.Learn more
All Visitors Must Have Date-specific Tickets. Every Guest. Every Day.
Admission tickets are still required for WCS Members as well as one-day ticket buyers. (ages 3 & up)
- RESERVE WCS Member tickets – Must have valid member card for reservation. Members must present tickets, valid member card and photo ID for park entry. Reserve member tickets
- BUY one-day tickets – Purchase tickets
- Media Visits: No press cards or credentials will be accepted at the gate for admission. All members of the media visiting for the purposes of coverage must have an appointment with the Communications Department.
- Important Note on Date Selection for Tickets: If the date or time you wish to visit is not listed in our calendar, please select another date. Dates are removed from the calendar once we have already reached the maximum number of guests for that date. The Reservation Center and Member Services will NOT be able to reserve tickets for that date.
- Please check FAQs for further information – View FAQs.
Masks are required for your visit. Consistent with NY City/State and CDC guidance, MASKS ARE REQUIRED INDOORS* FOR ALL GUESTS over the age of 2 years, regardless of vaccination status. All guests are also required to wear masks when in the Aquatheater.
*Indoor areas include the admissions lobby, exhibits, restrooms, gift shops and 4-D Theater.
BEGINNING DECEMBER 14, VACCINATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL GUESTS 5+ TO ENTER THE PARK. Due to NYC Executive Order, all guests age 5 and older must show proof of vaccination (at least 1 shot) in order to enter the park.** Children under the age of 5 are permitted to visit with vaccinated adult chaperone.
- PROOF OF VACCINATION may include CDC Vaccination Card (or photo), NYC COVID Safe App, New York State Excelsior Pass, NYC Vaccination Record, or an official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S. Read more details at NYC.gov.
- GUESTS 18+ must also show an official form of identification with name and photo or date of birth, such as driver's license, non-driver government ID card, IDNYC, passport, or school ID card.
- PROOF OF VACCINATION FOR VACCINES ADMINISTERED OUTSIDE THE U.S: show official immunization record that includes: First name and last name; Date of birth; Vaccine product name; Date(s) administered; Site where the vaccine was administered or person who administered the vaccine
- BEGINNING DECEMBER 27, GUESTS 12+ WILL BE REQUIRED TO FULLY VACCINATED TO ENTER THE PARK. Proof of two vaccine doses, except for those who have received the one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
For school or camp field trips: Children age 12 to 17 are permitted to visit indoor exhibits if accompanied by vaccinated Adult Chaperone(s). Adult Chaperones (18+) must show proof of vaccination (at least 1 shot) in order for the field trip group to be permitted entry to indoor exhibits.
- Chaperone supervision ratios must be followed at all times – Student/Camp groups require (1) one adult chaperone for every 10 minors and chaperones must remain with their group at all times.
**Arrival to the Aquarium is an indoor building, and a majority of experiences are indoors; therefore, all guests 5+ are required to be vaccinated.
4-D Theater Reopening
For the health and safety of visitors and staff, additional protocols have been implemented.
- Seating capacity is reduced. All seats will be assigned prior to entry.
- 4-D Theater and 3D glasses are cleaned and sanitized prior to every show.
- Masks required at all times. Social distancing will be maintained at all times.
For everyone’s health and safety, we are implementing contactless arrival procedures. We need your help to make it work! Here’s what you do:
- Step 1: Reserve your tickets in advance - then print OR be ready to use on your mobile device
- Step 2: Have ticket barcode ready as you arrive for self-scanning (WCS Members – have your valid Member card and ID to show too)
- Step 3: Scan all your tickets and enter!
Health And Safety Is A Priority!
We are managing capacity for our guest experience, but still expect some lines or gathering at animal viewing areas. Please respect social distancing and related guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer available at all entrances and throughout the park near food/retail and exhibit areas.
- Review all visitor behavior and activity policies: View rules
COVID-19 Warning: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In accordance with New York State rules and CDC guidance, unvaccinated people continue to be responsible for wearing masks at WCS facilities. By visiting WCS’s facilities, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
This applies to all visitors – one-day ticket holders and WCS members. New dated/time entry tickets are valid for a single visit. Reentry is not permitted.
Be A Responsible Guest & Protect Yourself And Others
From social distancing behaviors to handwashing, we need all guests to continue to participate in proper healthy behaviors when visiting. Please remember:
- If you are sick, or have possible symptoms, please stay home and take time to recover.
- Distance responsibly! Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others. Please be patient at animal exhibit areas and allow guests to move along before stepping forward or creating crowds. Pay attention to all aquarium signs, as some pathways are now one-way.
- Wash your hands often. Restrooms for washing with soap and water are available across the park, and we’ve added hand sanitizer stations near exhibits and other gathering areas.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
What To Expect When You Visit
- FOOD AND SHOPPING are available. In winter season, food service is limited. , Due to construction, the main dining building is currently closed.Year-round, beverages and packaged snacks can also be found at the Oceanic Gift Shop. During the warmer months, vending carts are located around the facility, offering a variety of snacks, including ice cream, popcorn, and more.
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE - use nyaquarium.com/today to see that day’s available exhibits and amenities.
- AS OF 12/14: Proof of vaccination required for all guests age 5 and older to enter the park. Arrival to the Aquarium is at an indoor building, and current park experience is primarily indoors.
- PLEASE BE AWARE that Aquatheater shows are weather dependent.
- EXPECT SOME CHANGES. We are committed to providing safe and healthy experiences for our community. Changes to exhibits and park operations will happen. We will provide advance notice when possible, but adjustments may also be due to unforeseen conditions. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING IF SOME EXHIBITS/ANIMALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DAY YOU CHOOSE TO VISIT.
- ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED. All guests age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
Do Not Bring Scooters
For everyone’s safety, child scooters are never permitted. See our complete list of rules.
Please be Aware
We reserve the right to escort from aquarium grounds any individuals or groups who are acting in ways deemed harmful to our animals, staff or the park, or that impinge upon the safety or enjoyment of the park by other guests.